Wednesday, December 27, 2006

People I Would Like To Buy A Beer, part 8



Roy G. Bentley and Gloria Regalbutto.

This is the couple that believed in a backward, young country hick and convinced him he could be a writer. They showed him the ways of the world. They took him under their wing and welcomed him into their family. They coached him in his writing and helped him hone his craft, as well as improve his spelling. They fed him when he was hungry, and got him drunk when he was down on his luck. He enjoyed their love, comfort, and advice.

No amount of sweet words can convey what terrific friends they have always been.

When I bow my head and pray, I always thank God above for such wonderful friends as these.

If ever I publish a book, turn to the thank you page, and you will see their names, in BIG BOLD PRINT.

Thank you, and God Bless,

Doc

2 comments:

  1. Roy writes some kool krapp. I hope to quaff a cool one w/him at the Tiki in the summertide coming... Can y'all arrange that??

    ReplyDelete

Write your beer-fueled ravings here...