Friday, November 22, 2013

The Most Powerful Word In The English Language Slathered In Mustard

Today I rediscovered a few things. Nothing too breath taking so there is no need of copying and pasteing any of the following. For an extend amount of time in my life I considered the most powerful word in the English language to be YES. Mind you, English is a second language for me as I was raised in a household that only spoke Appalachian and I've found that leaves me at some disadvantage with those who have had a lifelong exposure to it. Nonetheless, I've noticed that the most pointed of questions are YES or NO ones but no one ever answers YES or NO, not unless there is a box to check mark next to them. The answer is always Yeah or Naw, or occasionally Nope.

I rediscovered Yeah when I sat down to watch a Eurymics concert that I recorded off of VH1 about ten years ago. It turns out that Annie Lennox can make Yeah into a whole new word, replete with all the gusto of a punch in the face. I'm sure there are those who would disagree but their opinions will not be presented here.

It turns out that Yeah is the ideal word for me right now.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! I like yeah. I don't like it when people type "yeah" meaning "yay" however. Annie could fix them up. I think I have that same VHS tape and saw that concert live! Long live punch you in the face Annie.

    ReplyDelete

Write your beer-fueled ravings here...