Thursday, February 15, 2007

To All Service Personnel and Ships at Sea



I put up the site hit map in mid-January and haven't paid much attention to it since, but Flannery pointed out to me today that there was a large red blob in Iraq, meaning that someone over there was stopping by on a regular basis. I can only assume that it is someone who has a crew-cut and wears a lot of green or brown clothing, namely military personel, as most Iraqi's are Islamic and don't drink alcohol as a tenet of their faith. Well, I just want to go on record as saying "THANK YOU!". The job of soldier/sailor is the absolute toughest job there is. The list of what makes it hard is staggering. The food, the pay, the lonliness, the stress, the weather, the thanklessness of it all, etc. I'm sure that you could add many more things to this list than I ever could, but just know that this is one American who adds you to his daily prayers, and will gladly shake your hand and buy you a much deserved beer on your return. Thanks again for stopping by and please leave me a note in the comments section if there is anything I can do. We are pulling for YOU!

Just a reminder: Sunday is our book review, Monday is more beer silliness than you can shake a stick at, Tuesday is our fashion/entertainment column, Wednesday is music/sports/politics for the single girl on the go, Thursday is our advice column Practical Advice (practicaladvice@yahoo.com), Friday is our Tastefully Nude Contest, Saturday is more of that fat-free beer silliness, so join us won't you?

Doc

5 comments:

  1. Sadly, my geography knowledge has failed me. Elizabeth called and told me that big dot is on Saudi Arabia.

    My bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the you are here dot is a bit off. I used a picture program that I have never used before, and I am awfully clumsy. Sorry. It should be down and left a little, I think. When I did it with the editor program it looked right.
    Oh well, you get the idea.

    Doc

    ReplyDelete
  3. there are still American troops in Saudi Arabia, though since we closed the base there like Osama wanted us to, there are very few remaining, most Americans there now are contractors, like engineers, security personnel, tourism, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tourism?! Tourism?! Forgive me. I had no idea that Saudi Arabia was such a hotbed of tourism. Are people going to see where they filmed "Laurence of Arabia"? What kind of attractions would a tourist in Saudi Arabia expect? Nude women? Not likely. Good cold beer? NO! The worlds largest cat box? The World's biggest Ball of Twine? A pancake that is the size of New Jersey? A potato that looks like former President Nixon? Hashesh smoked in public by old men? Belly dancing? Camel spitting?

    I have no idea what kind of attractions they have in Saudi Arabia that would attract tourists, but I do know a brave reporter who could track this kind of information down. Thanks in advance Genn6. We look forward to your report on Thursday.

    Doc

    ReplyDelete

Write your beer-fueled ravings here...