The bits and pieces I recall went a little something like this:
1. Chris's girlfriend was the first person who saw me when I came in. She told Chris and he came upstairs and I got the hug I've now come to expect.
2. Darius was there...thank God. Chris and his girlfriend would have been the only people I knew then if it weren't for Darius.
3. The Flats looks like a war zone.
4. I interviewed the bartender and the owner for my article on the smoking ban. The input they offered wasn't very good.
5. I started drinking.
6. I kept drinking.
7. Darius told me I am in charge of the food for Organ Grinder's next year and that he will get me a bigger budget to work with. He also said he will be passing the torch to Shana and within the next two years and he will need me to help her.
8. Chris wanted to go out to my car and smoke pot. He asked me several times if I was sure it was okay that Rachel came along.
9. I found out they have been together two years and Chris has a 14 year old son who he doesn't see, I don't know why yet.
10. The club-kids showed up. They know Chris and Rachel somehow; they're cute little raver-kids, about 20-24 years old, ten of them, still trying to figure out who they really are, but not way far off-base.
11. Chris kissed me.
12. Darius called me brilliant.
13. Gina showed up and her idiot boyfriend seemed to be acting allright for a change.
14. I've taken a strong liking to one of the club-kids. Her name is Missy and she's a cute little blonde thing, maybe 20-years-old. I said a few things that made her laugh, she was dancing like a goofball and made me laugh, and now we're friends and we keep pulling each other onto the dance floor.
15. I catch Chris staring at me and ask him what. He says, "Oh, nothing, I was just flirting with you." He told me to pay attention to what's going on around me.
16. I overheard Gina telling Chris how wonderful I am and how my one-liners just kill her.
17. Chris brought his raver-flags. They are white with a large neon pink cross. They look just like the flag of the England National Soccer Team, except the cross on England's flag is red. When I see Chris's flags, I think of David Beckham and Wayne Rooney and Steven Gerrard and Owen Hargreaves and down the list until I realize I've completely forgotten about Chris.
18. The bartender let us smoke pot on the docks.
19. The music kind of sucked; too light for me.
20. I was wearing a Green Bay Packers T-shirt.