Thursday, August 02, 2007

Pardon Me While I Take A Powder

Now that we find ourselves in the dog days of summer and the thermometer doesn't show any signs of dropping, I thought that this might be a good time to share something. I was sitting with the neighbors a few weeks ago and we were talking about the heat and how to beat it when my buddy Markus chimed in that he had started a whole new regimen. "How so?" I asked.

"In the morning, after I get out of the shower and into my underwear, I put on some baby powder, front and back. If keeps me from getting sweaty there and I stay comfortable all day. They wife doesn't like it because of the mess in the bathroom, but the results are worth it."

Wally said he did the same thing and it had worked wonders for him.

Now at first I took this with a grain of salt, Then one day, after spending 4 1/2 hours mowing the lawn and finding myself drenched in my own sweat, I showered and toweled off. As I wiped the steam from the mirror and examined my chin to see if I needed to shave that day, I noticed the powder sitting out. "What the heck?" I thought. "I'll give it a try."

I am a convert. I will never go without it again. My undercarriage is soft, smooth, and dry, as well as having that nice "new baby" smell. Sure, my underwear look like a coke deal gone bad, but the comfort must be felt to be believed.

Doc

2 comments:

  1. as a person who sweats like a nervous cartoon character-- big, long drops of sweat flying off of me every whicha-way-- I have to say this works luverly. Suggestion: apply said powder in the shower stall-- it can be cleaned up w/a short spritz from the schnozzle.

    Thanks for reminding me, A/C or not it's AUGUST and I've gotta start back to school in long pants and possibly sleeves soon. I need the Industrial Fambly Size.

    Oh, and I suggest using the CORNSTARCH variety vs. talc-- it's easier on yer lungs, though if you get a yeast infection in this heat,you might break out in muffins.

    ReplyDelete

Write your beer-fueled ravings here...