Monday, November 10, 2008

I'm So Low, I Could Sit On A Dime And Swing My Feet.

I'm so low, I could sit on a dime and swing my feet. Flannery has gone to Nashville and is drinking good bourbon at Tootsies while I'm sitting here.

She's walking down Ol' Music Row, doing some window shopping. I'm eating reheated pasta and sitting here.

She said dinner wasn't that great, but she went to Doc Holiday's and had a few drinks. She trys not to slur or giggle too much on the phone but she does anyway. She's having a good time. She shouts "Whoo-Hoo" as Billy Idol comes on the jukebox and I'm certain her fist is pumping in the air above her head, but I can't see it over the phone.

"I love you darlin', and I'll talk to you tomorrow," is all I can stammer out.

"I love you too baby," she whispers and she is gone.

At least I got the laundry done.

Doc

7 comments:

  1. I hear ya doc. I'm a part-time widow as well. My other half is in Bilbao Spain right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, gosh darn it Doc, too bad you can't be there taking Flannery by the arm down the street.

    You are a good man to hold down the fort!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should plan a trip to Nashville with Flann sometime, a romantic holiday of sorts????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, you'll be fine.

    This post actually made me laugh, but not because I take pleasure in your loneliness. It's because I read that one sentence as "I'm eating retahded pizza," as in pizza that guys from Bahstahn would eat. Was it wicked haht?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your title reminds me of a greeting card one of my sister's gave to me once. It had a glowing field of wheat on the front and inside it said 'You're so low you'd bring me a dead rat in your teeth if you thought there was 20 bucks in it for you'.

    Poor Doc, Lucky Flannery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just to set the record straight, I walked passed Tootsies and said to my travelling companion: "I'm not going in there without Doc."

    Miss you baby...see you tomorrow.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Write your beer-fueled ravings here...