Monday, January 08, 2007

Foul Language

It has been commented by a very dear friend, that this is in fact, the Internet and it is o.k. to use “lowbrow” or “gutter” speech. He mentioned that he had noticed on a few of my posts that when I used this kind of language, I edited it using an asterisk. He tried very hard to explain that the Internet was a place of freedom, where you can say whatever you like, and it is o.k. to use “foul language”. I can understand his point. This is a place of complete freedom, but as with any freedom, there must come some responsibility. I, as editor-in-chief, have a very serious responsibility to my readership to deliver the best in news, sports, happenings, human-interest stories, and general silliness that is beer related, that I possibly can. I take this very, very seriously. You, Dear and Gentle Reader, are my audience and to print this kind of “filth” would be a great failing of the trust that was placed in me when I took this job.

Yes, in times past we have run with stories that have included nudity. I don’t feel that this is a betrayal of the trust placed in me. The nudity has been sparing. It has always been done tastefully, and only used when it was critical to the story that we had to tell. There is nothing “smutty” about the human body. After all, everyone has one, and with only two models available, I believe that it is reasonable to assume that you have seen both varieties.

And yes, sometimes we have printed some of this “dirty” language, but again, we try to keep it to a minimum, and it has been edited to the best of my ability. No one should be subjected to something that makes him or her very uncomfortable. That would be unethical. I enjoy the occasional cigar, but I would never come into your home and light up, even with your permission.

This has been the approach of this editor and we will continue this practice in the future. I believe that this is truly in the spirit of the charter of this publication, and I thank you for your continued readership.

Now, please, please, sit the f*ck down and shut the f*ck up.

Doc

6 comments:

  1. BIG ORANGE, this is for you baby! I know I can F*CKING say whatever the F*CK I want. I just like to use the F*CKING *, 'cause it's F*CKING pretty.

    Don't F*CKING like it?

    Kiss my *.

    Doc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Besides, this is a family-oriented publication.

    Doc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quick! Put up some pictures of topless bitches sucking off a goat!

    Doc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or maybe pictures of the Queen of England's fanny!

    -OR-

    A few of those nude pictures of Ernest Borgnine that you keep under your pillow!

    -OR-

    The Pope holding a large, black latex cock!

    Doc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I DID see a dildo in the shape of a crucifix, once... Lemmie see if I can track that down-- should it be in bubblegum pink or sea foam green??

    ReplyDelete
  6. wait a minute-- didn't you see my nekkid-chick-atop-the-bar a few posts ago in Closing Time? Sheesh, how many MORE nakey folken do you want?!

    ReplyDelete

Write your beer-fueled ravings here...