Wednesday, October 17, 2007

12,287 and counting...

In checking my site map I learned that there have been 12,287 stops at our little cyber-bar since I bothered to start counting on Jan. 17th. I'm guessing that at least 6,000 of those are me checking in, but even 6,287 isn't a number to be sneezed at.

Most of the world has stopped by a time or two, at least according to the map. To all the people of the world, in whatever language you read this in, I say "Cheers, Salute, and Good Health."

I must admit that the numbers and the map got me to thinking. If even half of this number is me, who are the other 6,287? I would guess that at least 2,000 of those people wandered here by mistake. I did one small post for Paula Abdul's birthday and the numbers went through the roof for a week or so. These were not "regular readers" but someone trolling for comments for their National Inquirer article or some such.

So who reads what I put out there on this majestic World Wide Web?

Stalkers, Drunkards, Pugs, Thugs, Rustlers, Malcontents, Movie Buffs, Atheists, Canadians, The Salvation Army, Beer Can Collectors, Arm Chair Generals, Auctioneers, Prostitutes, Ice Cream Men That Drive Trucks, Pagans, Model Airplane Clubs, The Homeless, Sailors On Leave, Shut-Ins, Certain White House Aids, Jerks, Playboy Bunnies, Mercenarys, Kids Home Sick From School, Truck Drivers, Fencing Champions, Hit Men, Hillbillys, Rogue Elephants, Biker Gangs, Crossing Guards, Game Show Hosts, Convicts, Vegetarians, the F.B.I., C.I.A., N.S.A., Quilting Bees, and you.

I know. I checked. You folks get around. To all of you, thanks.

Doc

10 comments:

  1. Don't forget about gypsies, tramps and thieves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Albino's too. They troll my blog a lot for some reason and I send them your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is because of the Beer. You are our guiding light due to the Beer Banner.

    Beer is the nectar of the Gods.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just listening to your audio blog and man, you're a natural, excellent excellent! I'm back to listen to the rest. No wonder the world rests at your feet Doc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Splotchy- I just lumped them all together under malcontents.

    SD- Oddly enough, I can totally understand the albino's attraction to your blog. It is pigmentally-challenged friendly.

    Leonesse- Always glad to see a new face here at Sz, tcob. Thanks for stopping in, and the first round is always on me.

    Dale- You are much too kind. If the world is at my feet, it is only because they are trying to get a good shot at pissing on my shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I fit into 6 of those categories, but it's up to you to figure out which ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bubs- You Sir present a challenge and it is one I gladly accept.

    The six catagories that apply to you are: Drunkard, Malcontent, Movie Buff, Mercenary, Hillbilly (I included this one in the article with you in mind Dear Friend), and Crossing Guard.

    Please give me your list so I can see how many I got right.

    Doc

    ReplyDelete
  8. Drunkard, Thug, Malcontent,Movie Buff, Jerk, Hillbilly.

    You came pretty close, I'll tell you what. Come to think of it, I am a pretty mercenary bastard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. try putting up some more nakey boobs and see if you get a surge in readership then...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm trying to figure out which of these catagories I fit into...

    ReplyDelete

Write your beer-fueled ravings here...